- This event has passed.
National Challenge Weekend
October 14 - October 16
Join us for the FIRST EVER National Challenge Weekend!!
Come celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the first regional Challenge Weekend presented by Christians in Commerce (Worklight’s Parent Ministry).
Experience the HOLY SPIRIT’s move over you and your guest, as HE ignites the fire of GOD’s Love and a blaze of HIS Glory.
$150/Early Bird Ticket through September 15 (one ticket allows 1 person to bring a guest – details in the link below) Starting September 16th, the standard ticket is $195 (still with the Igniter BOGO option)
Each Ticket to the National Challenge Weekend in Scottsdale comes with a special “Igniter BOGO” – allowing you to bring a second person FREE. Don’t know who that will be yet? No problem! Register today and use your BOGO code when it is e-mailed out to you later!
Standard Registration (after September 15th) is $195. Still only $97.50 a ticket with the Igniter BOGO!
If the cost of the event ticket is a concern, and you need to pursue a scholarship, please fill out this form.
How the BOGO Works
Register today to make sure you get a ticket! Anyone who registers will be given the Igniter BOGO codes on 9/15, 9/29, and 10/8 e-mailed directly to you. It will give you time to find the mid-career professional or friend whom you would like to invite. If you know your igniter BOGO and want to register early, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the WorkLight Home Office at (612) 552-5656.
BOGO code must be utilized by 10/8-one week before the event.
How Can We offer a BOGO for only $150?
While ticket sales help offset a portion of the costs, the majority of WorkLight’s National Challenge Weekend costs are covered by loyal Christians in Commerce donors.
If you’re in a position to do so, please pray about making a gift to help make this experience available for those attending on scholarship, BOGO guests, and future Igniters.
10/14/22 – Friday Morning – WorkLight Board Meeting
10/14/22 – 1:00pm-4:00pm – Chapter Leadership Conference
- All Chapters should have at least one participant attend–chapter presidents encouraged.
10/14/22 – 5:00pm-7:00pm – The Challenge Weekend Check-in
10/14/22 – 7:00 pm – Official Start of the Weekend
10/16/22 – 11:00 am – 12:00 pm – Closing and Kingdom Builder Luncheon
- We encourage anyone who is a Kingdom Builder, who has included Christians in Commerce/WorkLight in their legacy giving, to attend! The luncheon is also open to anyone who is interested in learning more about this opportunity.
Meals and Lodging
It has been our goal to find cost-effective ways to meet the needs of as many as we can. St. Patricks does not have on-site lodging and catering. However, we do have multiple options available to our attendees.
We will be providing lunch and dinner on Saturday the 15th, as well as the Kingdom Builder Luncheon on Sunday. Snacks will be offered throughout. Attendees should make their own plans (or coordinate with homestays) for dinner on Friday as well as breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday. If you have any dietary concerns, please e-mail email@example.com
Lodging Option #1 – Homestays
Members of the Greater Phoenix Chapters are generously opening up their homes to house attendees from out of town. To get more information, so to see if homestays are available, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Lodging Option #2 – Hotels
For those who would prefer to stay in a hotel, we have coordinated group rates for hotels near St Patrick’s in Scottsdale.
1) La Quinta Inn & Suites – 8888 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ, 85260
Rate: $119/night (+Tax) (register by 9/23/2022) Click here to book at the group rate. Group rate is limited to the first 25 rooms
2) Hampton Inn & Suites – 10101 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85253
Rate: $164/night (+Tax) (Register by 9/23/2022) Click here to book at the group rate. Group rate is limited to the first 15 rooms
3) Holiday Inn – 7350 East Gold Dust Avenue, Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Rate: $98/night (+Tax) Click here to book at the group rate, or call 480-596-6559 or you can text your registration to 602-786-5594
What might I experience?
Here is what others have left with:
- I became reacquainted with my Bible and now have an enhanced personal relationship with Christ.
- I gained clarity in how to bring Christ in the workplace.
- I was directed to the well of God’s love.
- I left with new hope in the midst of a marital crisis.
- I was able to relax and reflect on my time, share my faith with others, and to feel strengthened by our groups.
- The prayer-I needed that. It was a time of refreshing.
- I gained a new appreciation of the mutual support, friendship and love that binds us together as Christians.
Focus areas of talks and discussions:
- How can you know God and his plan?
- What stands in the way?
- What is Jesus’ invitation to you?
- How can you have God’s power to respond?
- How do you grow in friendship with God?
- How can you live a life in the Spirit in today’s world?
- How can you make a real difference?
- What areas has God entrusted to you?
- How can you join with others to grow in this way of life.
Speakers on the Weekend:
1) Diane and Kevin McGinty
2) Christine Ziegler
3) Desi Cataluna and Jack McCall
4) Jim Schmiesing
5) Christian Welp
6) Lucy Vasquez
What to Bring:
Consider bringing a bible, a notebook/journal and a desire to meet with the Lord and see what he has for you! Participants’ materials will be provided.
Call the WorkLight Home Office at (612) 552-5656